Hi guys! I hope you are all doing great.
Whenever we try to get into a new niche, we often find it hard to pull off excellent and unique articles.
Well, today we are going to see how to do that. I’ll share with you a step-by-step expert guide (experience talking here!) that you can use to write killer articles in any niche.
Further in the article, I’ve mentioned the Love niche as an example. But to be honest, you can apply these points to almost all other niches out there!
So without further ado, let’s get straight into the topic.
How to Write Killer Articles in Any Niche? | Step-by-step Guide!
To write killer articles in any niche, you need to do extensive research, write quality articles matching the user intent, optimize them for SEO, and get the knowledge of the ins and outs of the niche from the present-day gurus!
While researching your topic on Google (or any other search engine), you might think:
“How can I write an outstanding and unique article on this particular topic while many top-ranking sites have already aced the scenario?”
“How could my article present a fresh perspective if I am going to research all the already published articles on the internet.”
So, let’s see how you can assemble a piece of writing with your own voice and flavor.
Starting off with research.
There are numerous research methods you can find out there in the market. Each person has their own way.
But the points I will mention are pretty standard, and I’ll mend them in a way that helps me research like a pro.
· First, if you don’t have any “basic” knowledge of the topic — or the object of concern mentioned in the topic — research it. For that, I’ll usually read an article on Wikipedia or Britannica; just to get an overview of the topic.
· Now comes the research part: search for your topic on Google, and pick up the top 5–7 articles (preferably blog posts or websites with domain suffixes like ‘.edu’ and ‘.gov’ work best because you’ll also find some credible external links for your article.)
· Read the articles; take notes of what’s working for them and why they are sitting at the top.
· Look only for the specific details that you require for your article. (For example: in the Love niche, it’s primarily creative writing, so if you have experience in the industry, that’s a massive plus!)
· Here comes the awesome part. If you don’t find enough sources on your particular topic or don’t have enough experience to write creatively, search Google for the “subtopics” you are writing in your article.
· That way, you’ll find more-than-enough resources to absorb the knowledge and fuse it into your written content.
· While writing, focus on the reader’s intention. Write with the thought in mind: “If I am the reader, how is this article helping me?” and “Is this article answering all my concerns?”
· If you think like that, you’ll write articles that would massively increase your audience retention rates.
And also, remember the difference between plagiarism and research:
“Copying from one source is plagiarism; copying from dozens of resources is research.”
(Just don’t take that “copying” literally.) 😅
Now you have completed the essential research (I said “essential” because you would also have to do the rest while writing.)
Let’s talk about writing.
When you start writing a blog post or an article, the first thing to remember is to write a captivating and catchy title containing your primary keyword.
· They must contain the primary keyword.
· They must be eye-catching. (use brackets to write something intriguing or exciting for the reader.) Try to add 1 or 2 power words and a number in the title.
· Ideally, they should be 60–65 characters long.
A few examples are:
“28 Exquisite Signs Your Male Neighbor Likes You!”
“Why My Boyfriend Doesn’t Believe in Love? (5 powerful strategies to make him love you!)”
“How to Calm Down an Angry Capricorn Man? (9 exclusive tips!)”
The next MOST IMPORTANT thing is the INTRO to your article.
The intro to your article is either the dealmaker or the deal-breaker.
I would keep this short:
· The introduction to your article must be so appealing and mesmerizing that the reader gets into your grasp just after reading it.
· The intro to your article works as a representative that reflects the quality of your entire article.
· Regarding SEO, your intro must contain at least one to two primary and secondary keywords as naturally as possible.
· Keep it concise and simple.
Now comes the body of the article.
Body of the Article
· Ideally, before writing the article, you should have a structure and sequence of the article in mind (including the word count).
· After you have done writing the introduction. Start off by writing an H2 containing your primary keyword. And write a few lines directly related to the topic or answer the question(s) asked by the reader.
· You can also use this part to write an introduction to what you are going to explain in the article if you have not already covered that in your intro.
· Then write the article with proper formatting and ample use of primary and secondary keywords (as I will explain further in the article.)
The conclusion is the final part of your article.
· You’ll either write a short summary of what you have explained in the article or write a call to action (CTA) — like “consider sharing this article with your friends” or “let us know (something) in the comments section below.”
· It should be straightforward and comprehensive.
· Concise writing would work best.
· Also, you can effortlessly add some keywords to the conclusion.
While writing, putting your article into format is really important to ease the user experience and to SEO optimize the post.
I’ll mention some key points that you should take care of.
· For writing your SEO title, use the H1 header.
· After writing the intro, use an H2 header with your primary keyword.
· After explaining H2, use an admirable combo of H3, H4, and H5 subheadings to write the body of your article.
· Then again, use H2 for the conclusion.
· And for all of the headings, use proper capitalization.
Note: While writing subheadings, keep the word count short; otherwise, the readers get bored. You can use more number no. subheadings rather than increasing the word count in each of them. Also, to boost up the user experience, use styles like writing in Bold, Italics, and bullet points.
Another note: Write only 2–3 lines per paragraph while writing paragraphs and increase the number of paragraphs.
This makes your article easier to read and easier to scan — which again increases your audience retention rates and helps in ranking your article up on Google.
So far, so good.
4. SEO Optimization
Now, let’s talk about the game of ranking.
Here, I’ll give you an overview of the most vital On-page SEO techniques:
· Write high-quality content that matches the user’s intent and answers all the queries.
· Use title tags (power words or title modifiers) to increase the CTR.
· Add keywords in H1, H2, and H3 subheadings. Preferably, the primary keywords in H1 and H2s.
· Use your page’s visual content (images, videos, screenshots, data charts) to your benefit. Use SEO-friendly keywords containing image captions and Alt-texts. (Do not do keyword stuffing; keep it natural.)
· Disperse a required amount of primary and secondary keywords throughout the article as naturally as possible.
To be natural is challenging when writing on long-tail keywords, but still, you must look for at least 0.5 to 1% keyword density. While if you have shorter keywords, you can easily pull off 2–3% keyword density, which is enough.
· Link to credible websites in your article. This increases the authority of your posts if you are running a new site.
· And finally, try to add hyperlinks that link back to your own website’s pillar content.
That would be all.
To Conclude the Talk
You can easily follow the above steps to write amazing articles in any niche.
This guide is specially made for beginners and intermediate freelance writers. However, it doesn’t matter at which point you are standing, from researching to concluding your article; it’s all mentioned here.
Thank you very much for reading!
Now, you can have an incredible journey writing top-notch articles in any niche you want.